CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

by lisa besler

Welcome to my blog! I am living my passion to teach, to share, and to inspire others towards creativity. Visit my blog often for fun, fresh ideas!

If you live in Austin/Round Rock or surrounding area please view my "Class Schedule" (left side bar) and register for a class.


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MENS SHIRT CARD


I found this cute men's shirt card on Amy Celona's blog. Isn't it adorable!  And, perfect timing with Father's Day just around the corner.  Below are the instructions on how to make this card.

Cut dimensions and accessories:
5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch card stock, scored from the top 1 1/4 inches
Designer paper for tie and know
1 1/4 x 4 inches (tie)
3/4 x 1 1/4 inches (knot)
1 x 1 inches (pocket)
1 x 1 whisper white square (handkerchief)
1 1/16th circle punch, silver brads
dimensionals

I made several samples before getting the folds just right.  It is easy once you figure it out.   
The entire card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.  The card was scored 1 1/4 inches from the top across the entire top (inside and out).  Then I cut off the entire strip that is "inside" the card and one inch in on each side on the remaining 1 1/4 inch panel.  Close the card and fold each cut side in on a diagonal.  Just a note...if it takes you 25 tries to get the two sides folded equally, you are doing fine!
I secured the "collar" down with a dimensional so that it had some height and looked more like a real collar.
The tie was simple and I did freehand cut (a pre-cut) 1 x 4 inch strip by first cutting a point at the bottom and then from each side point to the top at a slight angle.  For the knot, I just folded a 1 1/2 x 3/4 inch piece of designer paper on the wrong side and cut off the points that showed over the top.  I adhered the tie to the card front and then folded "tie knot" to the tie with a dimensional - again, to look like a real tie knot.

No comments: